Get to the head of the class with a Mentor who understands your unique challenges.
NIAAH Scholar Program
The NIAAH Scholars Program is designed with the specific needs of African American students in mind.
It provides mentorship, academic support, financial support, and an interactive student community for African American pre-med and medical students.
We want to see more African American students enrolled in medical programs and completing their medical training as Physicians.
NIAAH Scholars program funding was made possible by a grant from the Cleveland Foundation.
Apply today and start your journey as a NIAAH Scholar
NIAAH SCHOLARS ARE:
1. African American medical students currently enrolled in an accredited US medical school (all are accepted no matter the academic standing).
2. African American pre-medical students currently enrolled in a US college or university and have completed (at least) their freshman year first semester having a B- or better in their pre-med qualifying science (acceptance is conditional but all are encouraged to apply).
3. Committed to becoming a physician and actively engaged in the NIAAH Scholar Program.
To become a NIAAH Scholar, you must submit a complete online application and provide us with your unofficial academic transcripts.
4. Each applicant must submit unofficial transcripts.
5. Submit a complete application. The online application documentation must be completed before being matched with a Mentor.
Are you ready?
As a NIAAH Scholar, Students will receive:
by a Physician in the specialty of their choice.
A PRIVATE COMMUNITY
to share resources, ideas, and experiences with other NIAAH Scholars.
to increase options for residency, fellowships, and job placements.
PREPARATION FOR CERTIFICATION
and licensing exams.
and recommendations for their academic plans and future goals.
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
by your Mentor Physician.